Thursday, November 20, 2008

I think I may lose my mind!

I can't believe how incredibly hard it has been to try and wean Tyler...not only from the boob but from our bed. The last few nights have been a bit easier and gone a little better but they are still far from what I would like them to be! We only got up twice last night, while we had been getting up more often than that before and the first time I was able to get him to go back to sleep without a feeding and then about 4am he was up again...I couldn't get him back to sleep that time though without bringing him into bed with us. I feel like it was a bad step in the wrong direction because he now knows if he pushes the issue too much I will just bring him to bed so that he doesn't wake Ken and Jake...AHHHHH!

Jake on the other had has become a holy terror...I don't even know what to do with him. The good old saying "I know why some animals eat their young" fits more than perfect for some of his behavior! It really makes me hope that at some point in time he will start listening again and be my sweet little boy. It also makes me wish that Tyler doesn't grow up, this is not something I think I am going to want to live through again...then again maybe he won't go through it this badly because Jake will be older and hopefully better behaved again so he will want to be like his big brother..oh well!

On a much better note, I am going shopping this weekend to try and find some cute outfits for the boys' Christmas pictures so I can get them out in the cards soon after Thanksgiving! I am usually so good about that kind of stuff and I am not about to let the new job and just a busy life in general keep me from getting it all done!

Here's to a happy, and not too busy weekend...though when you have children and own a house they are all busy!